A library degree doesn't necessarily provide the knowledge or skills to manage the persistent Human Resources issues that show up in all institutions, including libraries. This webinar will hit the highlights on key moments in the life of an employee: recruitment, interviewing, orientation, coaching, and frank talk about performance problems.From this webinar, you will learn:
• Why recruitment needs to be continuous and early, particularly in order to address diversity and inclusion.
• How to identify the behaviors that predict successful job performance.
• How orientation should work and why it matters.
• How to diagnose performance problems, and help employees to overcome them.
• Why you shouldn't wait 20 years to have a 20 second talk with an underperforming staff member
How to Create Your Dream Team: A Holistic Look at Library Personnel Mana
Jamie LaRue is the CEO of LaRue and Associates. Author of "The New Inquisition: Understanding and Managing Intellectual Freedom Challenges," Jamie was a public library director for many years, as well as a weekly newspaper columnist and cable TV host. From January of 2016 to November of 2018, he was director of the ALA's Office for Intellectual Freedom, and the Freedom to Read Foundation. He has written, spoken, and consulted extensively on intellectual freedom issues, leadership and organizational development, community engagement, and the future of libraries.