Do you have more than one boss at your library? Do you have lots of responsibility but little authority? Are you working between multiple departments? Are you looking to improve your communication skills with your managers and your direct reports? If you said yes to any of these questions then this webinar can help you communicate better and manage up, and down.
In this webinar participants will learn about:
• Communication techniques for communicating with upper management and employees
• Prioritizing tasks and setting goals
• Performance evaluation strategies: How to better give and receive feedback
• Time management concerns: How to organize and prioritize your time to meet multiple (and sometimes competing) goals
• Planning and organizing meetings from "the middle"
Leading from the Middle: Managing Up and Down Simultaneously
Carrie Rogers-Whitehead worked in libraries for nearly a decade and now consults and trains librarians. She regularly researches and writes for librarians, educators, and parents. Carrie is the author of four books: Teen Fandom and Geek Programming (2018), Digital Citizenship: Teaching and Practice from the Field (2019), Serving Teens and Adults on the Autism Spectrum: A Guide for Libraries (2020), and Becoming a Digital Parent: A Practical Guide to Help Families Navigate Technology (2021). She is the founder of Digital Respons-Ability, a mission-based company that has educated tens of thousands of students, parents, and educators in digital citizenship. Carrie is a sought-after trainer, former TEDx speaker, adjunct instructor and loves to teach others.