Leading from the Middle: Managing Up and Down Simultaneously
Do you have more than one boss at your library? Do you have lots of responsibility but little authority? Are you working between multiple departments? Are you looking to improve your communication skills with your managers and your direct reports? If you said yes to any of these questions then this webinar can help you communicate better and manage up, and down.
In this webinar participants will learn about:
• Communication techniques for communicating with upper management and employees
• Prioritizing tasks and setting goals
• Performance evaluation strategies: How to better give and receive feedback
• Time management concerns: How to organize and prioritize your time to meet multiple (and sometimes competing) goals
• Planning and organizing meetings from "the middle"
Carrie Rogers-Whitehead worked in libraries for nearly a decade and now consults and trains librarians. She regularly researches and writes for librarians, educators and parents. Carrie has published 5 books, with two coming out in 2022 including a new book co-authored with two school librarians with ABC-CLIO: Advocating Digital Citizenship: Resources for Library and Classroom. In 2021 she received an Outstanding Reference Title award from the Reference & User Services Association of ALA. Carrie is the founder of Digital Respons-Ability, a mission-based company that has educated tens of thousands of students, parents and educators in digital citizenship. Her company’s curriculum and work can be found in multiple states and countries. Carrie is a sought after trainer, former TEDx speaker, adjunct instructor and loves to teach others.