Weeding is critically important for a vibrant, quality collection. This webinar offers practical guidelines with specific criteria will inspire a fresh take on your collection. Eliminating outdated, worn, or trivial items not only improves circulation, but maximizes the impact of your collection.
In this interactive webinar program participants will be provided a variety of tools that can be used to:
• Maintain the quality and relevance of your collection through ongoing evaluation including use of the MUSTY method
• Identify items for acquisition and deselection
• Add ILS reports/analytics to MUSTY for efficient use of time/resources
• Exceptions/Special Considerations
• Develop a weeding schedule
• Understand weeding’s place in Collection Development and staff/public’s resistance
• Avoid Common Missteps
Weeding Fundamentals for Public Libraries
Jill Burket Ragase has eagerly shared her passion for collection development and Youth Services as an Independent Library Consultant for four years. She is the former Juvenile Collection Development Librarian for the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County, an SLJ 5 star library and winner of the National Medal for Museum and Library Services. She is also the proud parent of two, yes two sets of boy/girl twins with her husband Mark in Cincinnati, OH.