Leading from the Middle: Managing and Communicating Both Up and Down
$25 per person for 4+registrations
Do you have more than one boss at your library? Do you have lots of responsibility but little authority? Are you working between multiple departments? Are you looking to improve your communication skills with your managers and your direct reports? If so, this webinar can help you communicate better and manage up and down.
In this webinar participants will learn about:
- Communication techniques for communicating with upper management and employees
- Prioritizing tasks and setting goals
- Performance evaluation strategies: How to better give and receive feedback
- Planning and organizing meetings from “the middle”
- Time management concerns: How to organize and prioritize your time to meet multiple (and sometimes competing) goals
Upload File With Participants' Contact Details
Carrie Rogers-Whitehead is the founder of Digital Respons-Ability, a mission-based company that teaches digital citizenship to tens of thousands of parents, students, and educators across the world. Digital Respons-Ability’s products and services have been recognized internationally and they recently won a 2023 CODiES for “Best Digital Citizenship Solution.” Before her work with Digital Respons-Ability, Carrie worked for a decade in public libraries and continues to partner and work with libraries. Carrie regularly writes, speaks and researches on digital citizenship, parenting, technology, libraries and education. She is the award-winning author of seven books, including most recently: Deepening Digital Citizenship: a Guide to Systemwide Policy and Practice. Carrie lives with her family in Utah with a constant pile of books on her nightstand.